Ipswich: Town’s bus company unveils new colours
IPSWICH: A bold new look has been unveiled for the town’s buses.
All Ipswich Buses will be painted in the new green and purple livery as they go into the works for a major overhaul over the next two years.
The new look was unveiled by managing director Malcolm Robson at a special bus “surgery” on the Cornhill at Ipswich where users of all buses in the area could give their views on services – and meet county council officials responsible for promoting public transport.
Special guest at the event was Gillian Merron, chair of Bus Users UK, the official watchdog for passengers, and a former transport minister.
She said: “Events like this are very important because they give passengers the chance to give their views – and it is especially important that the county council listens to people.
You may also want to watch:
“I am aware there have been concerns about the loss of some services as a result of budget cuts recently.”
Mr Robson said there had been a positive reaction to the new colour scheme: “It is certainly eye-catching. We’ve had people comparing it with Wimbledon tennis colours, you certainly can’t miss it,” he said.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 7 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 8 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
n Do you like the new colours on the buses? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com