Ipswich Town: Win a fantastic chance to take your place in the Ipswich Town squad photo
A ONCE-in-a-lifetime opportunity. The Ipswich Star is giving one lucky reader the chance to take their place alongside their Town heroes in an official squad photo on Friday.
Run in conjunction with the club and as part of their family fun day at Portman Road, you could find yourself lining up alongside Michael Chopra, Jay Emmanuel-Thomas or Jimmy Bullard for a photo ahead of the 2012/13 campaign.
The competition is open to any Star reader, of any age, and will see one winner line up for the photo prior to the open day starting at 10am.
Town kick off their Championship season on August 18 when former Premier League side Blackburn Rovers visit Portman Road.
Paul Jewell’s men will be going all out to improve on last season’s 15th place with new signings Scott Loach, Luke Chambers, Massimo Luongo and Elliott Hewitt all looking to make an impact.
And who knows? Maybe by the time of the squad photo, the winner could be placed next to a new signing or two.
Winning this competition would be the ideal way to start the Ipswich Town fun day – a great way to get close to Blues stars as well as a super summer holidays activity.
- 1 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 2 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 3 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 4 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
- 5 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 6 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 7 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 County lines dealer jailed for six years for drug offences in Ipswich
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
The club will be opening their doors for free between 10am and 3pm with Paul Jewell putting his first-team squad through a training session in front of the Blue Army.
After the team have trained on the pitch they will be signing autographs and having pictures taken with supporters.
There will be further training sessions with Junior Blues winners while club tours will also be held along with a host of fun events and sideshows including a chance to drive a Formula 1 car, freestyle football and inflatable assault courses.
To enter, all you have to do is answer this simple question:
Who was Ipswich Town’s top scorer last season?
A) Jason Scotland
B) Michael Chopra
C) Carlos Edwards
To enter by text, text STAR TEAM followed by your answer, name and e-mail address to 80058, eg STAR TEAM A Jane Smith firstname.lastname@example.org. Texts cost 50p plus your standard network rate. One winner will be selected from all correct entries received by tomorrow.
The promoter’s decision is final. For full terms and conditions go to www.ipswichstar.co.uk. Usual Archant promotion rules apply.