Ipswich: Trading Standards seize 186 hair clippers, perfume and a watch during raid at The Outlet Shop
- Credit: Archant
Police and Trading Standards officers have swooped on a town discount store discovering products being sold against safety laws.
Officers were called to The Outlet Shop, in Westgate Street, at around 11.25am.
A police spokesman confirmed they had attended but on arrival left Trading Standards to take charge as it was a “civil matter”.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk County Council, which manages Trading Standards, said: “We were called as there was concern that products in the store may be counterfeit.
“No branded products were found, however we have seized a sample of perfume to test against the cosmetic regulations to ensure it is safe.
You may also want to watch:
“We also seized one watch to test whether it contains nickel, and we have seized 186 hair clippers as they were being sold with a two-pin-plug which is an offence under electrical safety legislation.”
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 6 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 8 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 9 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol