Armed police swoop on road near Ipswich station
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk police are currently at the scene of an incident near Ipswich railway station.
Armed officers and dog units have swooped on Burrell Road close to its junction with Willoughby Road, but detectives are yet to reveal what is happening.
Six police cars are currently parked up at the scene.
Witnesses say a second floor window has been smashed at a house in Burrell Road.
The road is currently blocked by police cars and according to those nearby no-one is being allowed to enter Willoughby Road.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is heavy nearby and drivers are being diverted away from the area.
Officers from Suffolk Constabulary and British Transport Police are at the scene dealing with the incident.
- 1 US investors 'on verge' of buying Ipswich Town and appointing Paul Cook as manager
- 2 The Ipswich pubs preparing to reopen beer gardens on April 12
- 3 'Industrial scale' fly-tipping at Suffolk beauty spot
- 4 Patio doors smashed during house raid
- 5 Are you in our photos from Ipswich nightspot Brannigans in 2003?
- 6 Murder investigation into death of woman at Ipswich flat dropped
- 7 New cafe at popular Suffolk beauty spot
- 8 Calls go 'through the roof' at Ipswich hair salon after lockdown lifting news
- 9 Elderly man jailed for historic sex crimes against young girls
- 10 Grieving family's distress after NHS asks for compensation to be paid back
Stay with us for updates on this developing news story as we receive more details from the emergency services.
We have approached Suffolk police for further comment on this incident.