Armed police swoop on road near Ipswich station
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk police are currently at the scene of an incident near Ipswich railway station.
Armed officers and dog units have swooped on Burrell Road close to its junction with Willoughby Road, but detectives are yet to reveal what is happening.
Six police cars are currently parked up at the scene.
Witnesses say a second floor window has been smashed at a house in Burrell Road.
The road is currently blocked by police cars and according to those nearby no-one is being allowed to enter Willoughby Road.
You may also want to watch:
Traffic is heavy nearby and drivers are being diverted away from the area.
Officers from Suffolk Constabulary and British Transport Police are at the scene dealing with the incident.
- 1 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 2 Police on scene of 'ongoing incident' in Ipswich cul-de-sac
- 3 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 4 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 5 Death of 'happy go lucky' woman could not have been predicted
- 6 WATCH: Therese Coffey 'walks out' of Piers Morgan interview on GMB
- 7 Aldi to retain Whitton Meredith Road store after taking it off the market
- 8 New mass vaccination centre in Ipswich opens today
- 9 Critical care full and nearly 700 patients fighting Covid in hospital
- 10 Eat like a Premier League footballer
Stay with us for updates on this developing news story as we receive more details from the emergency services.
We have approached Suffolk police for further comment on this incident.