Armed police swoop on road near Ipswich station
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk police are currently at the scene of an incident near Ipswich railway station.
Armed officers and dog units have swooped on Burrell Road close to its junction with Willoughby Road, but detectives are yet to reveal what is happening.
Six police cars are currently parked up at the scene.
Witnesses say a second floor window has been smashed at a house in Burrell Road.
The road is currently blocked by police cars and according to those nearby no-one is being allowed to enter Willoughby Road.
Traffic is heavy nearby and drivers are being diverted away from the area.
Officers from Suffolk Constabulary and British Transport Police are at the scene dealing with the incident.
- 1 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 2 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 3 Police 'concerned' for missing 15-year-old who was last seen a week ago
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Man who left taxi driver with serious head injuries admits attack
- 6 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 7 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 8 When will my bins be collected this Christmas?
- 9 Being called ‘woke’ by older people an ‘insult’ says Suffolk students
- 10 New base for Ipswich bin collection, recycling and street cleaning teams
Stay with us for updates on this developing news story as we receive more details from the emergency services.
We have approached Suffolk police for further comment on this incident.