Ride in a fire engine at museum open day
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Youngsters will get the chance to ride a fire engine at a museum’s open day.
Ipswich Transport Museum is holding its’ annual Ride a Fire Engine day on Bank Holiday Monday, August 27 at The Old Trolleybus Depot Cobham Road, Ipswich.
Amongst the fire engines on display and giving rides are the museum’s own Dennis F12 engine and Nellie, the open top engine.
There will be visiting classic fire engines and also a modern fire engine on display.
There will be a child-size fire engine and face painting for the children.
The Sunbeam Café will be providing a full range of light refreshments.
Admission prices are £7 for adults, concessions are £6, children £4.50 or a family ticket for £20.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 3 A14 closed after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 6 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 8 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 9 5 roadworks in Suffolk for motorists to avoid this week
- 10 Ipswich MP Tom Hunt speaks of 'disgust' at Downing Street parties
The museum is open from 11am until 4pm.
For more information, visit www.ipswichtransportmuseum.co.uk