Ipswich triplets hit the road after passing driving tests on the same day
- Credit: Archant
Teenage triplets Cameron, Finlay and Ethan Cassidy have all passed their driving tests on the same day at the first time of asking.
The trio, from Limetree Drive at Warren Heath on the edge of Ipswich, started taking driving lessons on their 17th birthday in April.
Now, less than five months later, they have all been able to bin the L-plates after being successfully steered through the test by Jimmy Ho from Driven to Success driving school.
Cameron was the first to pass after taking an early test at 8.10am on September 23. Three hours later Finlay passed and Ethan followed at 1.30pm.
Ethan said: “There was a bit of pressure on me at that point, but I just got on with it and we were really pleased when we all ended up getting through like that.”
You may also want to watch:
Finlay and Cameron are students at Suffolk New College and have found it is much easier to get to their studies now they can drive their own cars.
Ethan is in the sixth form at Copleston and sometimes uses his mother’s car.
- 1 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 2 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches
- 3 Yellow weather warning issued for thunderstorms and flooding for next week
- 4 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 9 It's coming home! Fans across Suffolk celebrate England's win
- 10 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
Now that they have passed their driving tests they are already enjoying new-found freedom – although it is not going to their head.
Cameron said: “It is really great to be able to drive and putting that behind us. But we have to be sensible and there is a lot to learn.”
And at the moment they are not planning anything too ambitious.
Ethan said: “I’m not planning any long road-trips, just a drive down to Felixstowe!”
Jimmy said teaching the three teenagers had been very enjoyable because they were all keen and had been very good students.
He said: “Interestingly, they all seemed to ask the same kind of questions during their individual lessons – they all think very much the same way. Maybe that’s something you get with twins and triplets.”
The teenagers’ father Steve was very proud – but is aware of the pitfalls that can hit young drivers.
He said: “We have told them that they will still be learning to drive for many years – they understand that message.
“But we are really pleased they all passed together and really proud of them.”
Passing their tests has also been expensive for the family – the cost of insuring second-hand cars for Cameron and Finlay is £1,500 and £1,300 a year.