Ipswich: Up to 75 jobs to be created when town centre bar re-opens following �1.4m refurbishment
IPSWICH: Up to 75 jobs will be created when the former Pals brasserie is re-opened as a vodka and rum bar, it emerged today.
The venue, in Old Cattle Market, has undergone a �1.4million refurbishment ahead of its official opening on September 16 under its new guise of ‘Revolution’.
The bar and restaurant – designed to cater for more than 1,000 revellers – will be one of the chain’s largest operations. Along with the usual offerings of vodka, wine and beer, Revolution will also serve more than 50 rums from across the world as part of its new Revoluci�n de Cuba concept.
Carl Summerlin, general manager of the bar, said: “Ipswich is a fantastic town that offers a vibrant nightlife so we are very excited to be opening our first ever Revolution bar here.
“The new rum concept broadens our appeal and we hope it will prove a big hit, particularly with business customers.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re also delighted that the �1.4m development has enabled us to create 75 new jobs in the area.”
The two-floor premises has been empty since Pals closed in April.
- 1 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 2 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 3 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 4 Ipswich man denies multiple rape offences as trial begins
- 5 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 6 Drunk driver nearly caused head-on crash driving on wrong side of the road
- 7 Cinnabon chain coming to A14 service station
- 8 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 9 Ipswich man led police on 55 mile chase at 120mph
- 10 First look at iconic venue The Baths ahead of Sound City Ipswich Festival
Revolution was founded in 1996 and now has 66 venues across the country.
Ipswich Central’s Richard Turner said: “It was only a matter of time before someone signed on the dotted line as the venue was a prime location.”
n How do you rate Ipswich’s night life? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org