Ipswich: Virgin Media to open second store in town
- Credit: Archant
TECHNOLOGY company Virgin Media is to have two stores in the town centre following the opening of the new centre in Tavern Street.
The new store is being opened in part of the former Croydon’s store in Tavern Street – and is expected to open its doors this week.
A spokeswoman for the company said this would be a full store with demonstration facilities to give customers and potential customers the opportunity to try out products on offer.
However the existing “Retail Lite” store in the nearby Tower Ramparts centre would be remaining open for the foreseeable future.
The company has been expending its presence on Britain’s high streets over the last two years – and it is expected to become an even more aggressive player in the telecoms market over the next few months after it was taken over by US giant Liberty Global.
The smaller store in Tower Ramparts has been open for some time and will continue to operate, although the shopping centre as a whole is undergoing a major change.
Already Dorothy Perkins has closed, and River Island is due to move into an enlarged unit facing on to Tavern Street at the centre’s entrance.
- 1 Paul Cook sacked by Ipswich Town
- 2 Former BBC DJ to go live with new station
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 Delays likely on major Ipswich road as 12 days of roadworks planned
- 5 Harsh or fair? Here's what Town fans are saying about Paul Cook sacking
- 6 Things you should know before visiting Spoon World Buffet and Bar
- 7 Cycle wands being removed from Ipswich roads
- 8 Two people reported rough sleeping every day in Ipswich last month
- 9 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week