Ipswich vlogger ‘delighted’ to be in the running for top Mumsnet award
A YouTube star whose honest videos about IVF are seen by thousands of families is in the running for a top award.
Jules Furness, who is 34 and lives in Ipswich, has been nominated for the Mumsnet Vlogger of the Year Award – just a year after making the final three.
The mum-of-one, who has thousands of followers across her social media channels and is preparing for a course of IVF which she will receive in Prague.
She said: “I am delighted to be in the running for the award – I’m seriously excited because they are judged by Louise Pentland, who is best friends with Zoella and an amazing YouTuber.
“I actually got entered last year and made the final three, but unfortunately fell at the last hurdle.
“I think it’s the honesty of our videos which encourage people to watch – IVF still have a stigma that we are trying to address in our vlogs.”
The 34-year-old, who lives in Ipswich with her partner Steve, 33, and Josh, two, posts videos every Tuesday and Friday – and thousands tune in to watch.
- 1 Omid Djalili cracks Ipswich joke at Queen's Platinum Jubilee show
- 2 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 3 Charity match held in memory of Tavis Spencer-Aitkens
- 4 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 5 Ford Transit van destroyed in suspected arson attack
- 6 Brother of Ipswich murder victim to roll out bleed control kits across town
- 7 OPINION: Back to business - these are the council's plans for Ipswich
- 8 Cricket club praises ambulance service after player collapses in the field
- 9 Meet John Cook the next mayor of Ipswich – and a Norwich City supporter
- 10 St Clement's Church ready for new life as an arts centre
She added: “me and my partner Steve are going to Prague soon to have my first course of IVF.
“I think because we are honest in our vlogs and have gone through it personally, people come to us for advice and I’m more than happy to help them.
Voting for the Mumsnet award has already begun – and people wanting to vote for Jules can do so here.