Ipswich: Votes flood in for Best Bar None competition
- Credit: Archant
VOTES have been coming in thick and fast in support of your favourite night-time spot in town.
People are being called to vote for the Best Bar None People’s Choice Award and the venue with the most votes will scoop the top prize.
There have already been twice as many online votes as last year and the entries continue to flood in.
The award, which is supported by The Star, is an opportunity for people to vote for the venue they think offers the best safe night out in Ipswich.
All the venues nominated for the award have already received accreditation from the Ipswich Best Bar None scheme, which recognises bars, pubs, clubs and restaurants that offer people a safe evening out.
You may also want to watch:
Safer Economy Partnership officer with the Best Bar None scheme, Caroline Elias-Stephenson, said: “Ipswich’s night-time economy has something for everyone, with a wide range of pubs, clubs, restaurants, theatres, cinemas and Waterfront facilities all providing a high standard of service and care to ensure all visitors can have a safe night out.
“Many local venues have worked to ensure that their venues continue to raise the standard – their own and the town’s – to provide wide diversity of great venues and together they add something special to Ipswich’s vibrant night-time economy.
- 1 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 4 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 5 Man accused of Ipswich stabbing refuses to leave cell to enter plea
- 6 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
- 7 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 8 No need to wait for booster invitation - clarification after Covid jab confusion
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
“With the recognition of systems like Best Bar None, Ipswich now has a place on the map when looking for a place that offers a great, safe night out.”
The scheme is all about rewarding good practice in the licensed trade and providing a safe night out.
Voting for the People’s Choice Award will be open until midnight on Sunday, March 17.
The winner will be announced at the Best Bar None awards night on Wednesday, March 27.