Ipswich/Waldringfield: Families still waiting for answers over double death tragedy
IT IS more than four months since a dog walker discovered two bodies in an area of farmland, but their heartbroken families today still have unanswered questions about how they died.
The bodies of John Parsons, 46, and Davina Hamilton, 42, were discovered in Newbourne Road in Waldringfield at about 7.25am on Friday, December 16.
Their bodies were found lying next to a grey Mitsubushi car at Howes Farm – just metres from Mr Parsons’ home address in Lugano Avenue, Martlesham.
Police carried out toxicology tests after post-mortem examinations proved inconclusive and failed to establish a cause of death.
But after more than four months of waiting, the families are still waiting to learn how their loved ones died.
Today, a spokesman for Suffolk police said there was no time frame for when officers expected to get the results.
In the weeks following their deaths, officers said they were keeping an “open mind” about the case and were looking at all possibilities.
- 1 Boy, 14, injured in altercation near Ipswich primary school
- 2 School submits plan to turn site into 7 homes
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family to move into £6,000 double-decker bus bought on eBay
- 4 Staff shortages hit 98% of firms, including Suffolk hotels and restaurants
- 5 Missing Ipswich man found safe
- 6 Body of woman found in river in Hadleigh
- 7 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 8 Police hunting two men with Suffolk links after cannabis farm discovered
- 9 Ipswich entrepreneur to appear on ITV show
- 10 Severe delays on A14 outside Ipswich after vehicle sheds turf on road
On March 10, The Ipswich Star revealed the results from the toxicology tests had been passed to a Home Office pathologist where they were set to be reviewed.
The police spokesman added: “We are currently waiting for forensic reports and following these we will be speaking again with the families.”
The Star previously revealed that Ms Hamilton, a mother of one from the Whitton estate who was also known as Davinia, had been in a relationship with Mr Parsons until it ended a couple of weeks before the pair were found dead.
It is also understood that Ms Hamilton had moved out of Mr Parsons’ house the day before tragedy struck.
Friends of Ms Hamilton have previously described her as a “vibrant, energetic individual”.
n Did you know Davina Hamilton or John Parsons? Pay tribute to them by calling 01473 324790 or you can send an e-mail to email@example.com