Wet dock on Ipswich waterfront starts to freeze over as temperatures plummet
- Credit: Archant
Plunging temperatures brought by the Beast from the East have led to the water starting to freeze over at the wet dock on Ipswich waterfront.
Large parts of the water, close to the wine rack, are covered with sheets of ice.
It’s a highly unusual sight, and with there being little chance of temperatures getting above freezing today, it’s likely to be there for some time.
According to Adam Dury, forecaster at Weatherquest, temperatures will remain low today which limit the amount the snow will melt.
“We will have more snow coming from the east this morning,” he said.
“We will see continuous patchy flurries all across the region.
“It should be lighter in the west but turning heavier in the east, but will become less frequent this afternoon.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 4 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 5 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 6 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 9 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 10 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
“There won’t be as much snow melt today due to the clouds and there will be a strong easterly wind which will increase the wind chill.”
He added maximum temperatures today would be around -1C (30F) although it could go as low as -5C (23F).