It’s a dream come true for Ipswich 101-year-old as she gets VIP treatment at The Dreamboys’ Regent performance
The Dreamboys’ oldest fan is still recovering from her bucket list encounter with the group at Ipswich Regent.
Joyce Fisher, who is 101, was allowed behind the scenes at their packed Friday night performance.
Ever since she turned 100, the Thornbank Care Home resident has been ticking items off her bucket list – and seeing The Dreamboys perform was near the top, coming second only to meeting Prince Harry.
Activities co-ordinator at the home, Lyn Andrews, said: “Joyce is such a character, she absolutely loved every minute of it.
“It was amazing, she chatted to them after the show and they were great, giving up their time to meet her.
“She actually turned 101 back in July and she has held out to meet them, she wanted to wait for her birthday present until they came to Ipswich.
“Her ultimate dream is to meet Prince Harry – we’ve written a few letters, but had no luck yet.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 6 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food spots around Ipswich
- 7 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Ipswich man found with indecent images of children is facing jail
- 10 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
“Joyce is also a massive Ipswich Town Fan and was lucky enough to meet some of the players last year.”
The Dreamboys posted a Facebook Live video of Joyce – who they dubbed their oldest fan – meeting the group at Ipswich Regent.
More than 20,000 people have viewed the clip, which has been shared thousands of times.
Ms Andrews added: “We’d like to thank the Dreamboys and the Regent for all their help in organising the meet-up.
“She had lots of fun flirting – she’s got real spirit and she’s someone we admire a lot.
“The boys gave her a lovely calendar that we’re sure she’ll enjoy.”