Ipswich: Woman arrested on suspicion of arson after house blaze in Widgeon Close
- Credit: Archant
A 25-year-old woman has been arrested on suspicion of arson after a house blaze in Ipswich.
Two fire engines and police were called to the incident in Widgeon Close at 10.30am today.
The semi-detached property was empty and the blaze was put out and under control by 11am.
It is thought a woman lives at the property.
Smoke was reportedly seen billowing out of a top-floor room, while it is understood damaged caused by the fire was restricted to the top-floor and did not spread to the adjoining property.
You may also want to watch:
This afternoon, a spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said a 25-year-old woman from Ipswich has been arrested on suspicion of arson and is being held in custody.
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said an investigation is taking place to determine the cause of the blaze.
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 7 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 8 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 9 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 10 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
The fire was extinguished by two breathing apparatus wearers using one hose reel.