Ipswich woman braves the shave for Macmillan live on Facebook
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich woman went the extra mile this weekend by braving the shave live on Facebook – in memory of close friends and family who have died from cancer.
Linda Horsfield, 53, says she’ll keep the new look, which she unveiled on Friday night at BlonDee’s Hair Studio in Bramford Road.
The fundraiser, who has collected more than £900 in donations so far, lost her 53-year-old dad to cancer when she was just 17.
Over the last year, she has lost two close friends to the illness, and is now determined to raise as much cash as possible for cancer charity Macmillan.
She said: “It’s been really hard losing so many people close to me, and I did this for them.
“I went live on Facebook when I had it done and lots of people were engaged with it and we got hundreds of views.
“I’m chuffed with the haircut as well, which I didn’t think I would be – I’m going to keep it.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 3 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 4 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 5 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 6 Missing 12-year-old girl from Ipswich found safe
- 7 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 8 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 9 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
The 53-year-old added: “Macmillan do an excellent job and it’s a pleasure to be able to donate the money I have raised to them.”