Ipswich woman loses eight stone in 18 months and urges others to join her new Slimming World club
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich woman who lost eight stone and eight dress sizes in 18 months has urged others to join her Slimming World club.
Christine Ward, 42, of Fulham Way, off Bramford Road, said joining another local club herself “transformed” her life and given her a newfound confidence.
Ms Ward, a marketing and account manager Cogent Technology in Long Melford, admits she has been overweight her whole life before a friend urged her to join a Slimming World club.
She said: “Before starting the group I felt so low and lethargic and plucking up the courage to join Slimming World class was a hard decision
“But before I knew it the weight started to drop off and in just 18 months I had lost eight stone and eight dress sizes.
“I could hardly believe how easy it was, and I was motivated for the first time in my life to lose weight.
“I enjoyed absolutely everything the plan had to offer. I could still eat lovely meals like Spaghetti Bolognese, steak and chips and chicken curry – just with a few recipe tweaks to ensure they were still healthy options.”
- 1 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 2 Cyclist left with 'potentially life-changing injuries' after Ipswich crash
- 3 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 5 'I slept at the store' - Teen queues for 14 hours as Tim Hortons opens
- 6 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 7 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 8 Man dragged former partner from car and kicked her in assault
- 9 Man, 25, threatened to kill ex-partner with wrench, court hears
- 10 Inquest into death of 32-year-old woman in Barham crash postponed
She started doing things she hadn’t done in years, such as swimming, playing tennis and shopping in “normal” clothes shops rather than being restricted to plus size clothes stores.
“I have never felt pressurised – only encouraged – to lose weight,” she added.
Ms Ward is now starting her own Slimming World club and is urging as many people as possible to sign up.
It takes place at the Bramford Road Methodist Church in Ipswich on Thursday, October 8. Sessions start at 5.30pm and 7.30pm. Please call Ms Ward on 07496 171329 or email her via email@example.com.