Ipswich: Woman set to shave head in honour of grandmother who is suffering from cancer
- Credit: Archant
A KEEN fundraiser is shaving her hair off in aid of her grandmother who is suffering from cancer.
Emma Brown, 26, of Fonnereau Road, is raising the cash for Cancer Research UK for her grandmother, Eileen Scott, 79, who has suffered from colon and breast cancer.
She is having a brain tumour removed at a London hospital on Monday – but on April 4 she celebrates her diamond wedding with husband Edward.
“We have arranged for them to get a telegram from the Queen,” said Miss Brown, who works as a speed enforcement officer for Suffolk Constabulary.
The former Ipswich School student raised more than £5,000 for Somebody’s Daughter by organising a charity auction in 2008.
The Somebody’s Daughter fund was launched by The Ipswich Star in conjunction with Ipswich Borough Council in honour of the five sex workers who were killed in the Ipswich murders.
And now Miss Brown is having her hair shaved off to raise funds for Cancer Research UK at Antonio Giovanni Hairdressers, on Norwich Road, Ipswich on April 24.
- 1 School submits plan to turn site into 7 homes
- 2 Boy, 14, injured in altercation near Ipswich primary school
- 3 Severe delays on A14 outside Ipswich after vehicle sheds turf on road
- 4 Missing Ipswich man found safe
- 5 Police hunting two men with Suffolk links after cannabis farm discovered
- 6 Emergency services attending incident in Suffolk town
- 7 Aging gas main replacement works begin around Ipswich
- 8 Victim bundled into car and hit with hammer, robbery and kidnap trial hears
- 9 Ipswich teen accused of brandishing machete tells court it was a plastic toy
- 10 'I just don't operate that way' - Town owner Steed tells it straight on first visit
“I did a skydive a couple of years ago for charity and wanted to do something else extreme like that,” said Miss Brown.
“All my friends and family are supporting me and I am very keen to do it – although my mum and grandmother were horrified when I told them.
“I want to raise as much money as possible and hopefully a lot of people will support my head shave.”
To donate and support Emma’s hair-raising fundraiser, visit www.justgiving.com/emmabrown2013