Ipswich: Woman tells how she felt ‘horrible’ and ‘disgusted’ after alleged sexual assault
A WOMAN who claims she was sexually assaulted by a stranger in a town centre nightclub has told a court the alleged attack left her feeling “horrible and disgusted”.
The woman had been at Tate’s on September 4 last year and was sitting on her own after becoming separated from her friends when she was allegedly approached by 27-year-old Herman Mendonca, Ipswich Crown Court has heard.
Mendonca allegedly kissed her on the lips before putting his hands inside her tights and touching her intimately.
Giving evidence on the second day of Mendonca’s trial, the woman said the man who approached her was foreign and spoke poor English. She said she asked a male member of staff to ask the man to leave her alone but she was told there was nothing he could do.
The woman claimed the man kissed her on the lips and put her hand on his groin.
“I tried to push him away, but I couldn’,t because he was stronger than me,” she said.
The woman claimed the man then put his hand inside her tights and underwear.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 3 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 4 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 5 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 6 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 7 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 8 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 9 Warning after spate of catalytic converter thefts
- 10 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
She said she kept saying “no” and “stop it” and eventually managed to get away. Mendonca, of Bramford Road, Ipswich, has denied sexually assaulting the woman. The trial continues.