Ipswich woman who stole Valentine’s cards, cheese and wine from Co-op is jailed
- Credit: Getty Images
A serial shoplifter who stole five Valentine’s cards, 16 blocks of cheese and a bottle of white wine from an Ipswich Co-op has been jailed.
Chantelle Kerry, of Foxhall Road, Ipswich, pleaded guilty at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court to theft from a shop on February 6.
The 35-year-old also admitted being in breach of a suspended sentence.
Kerry was caught on February 7 after a staff member at Ulster Road Co-op was on the phone to report the previous day’s theft when they saw a man who had been with her walk into the store again.
Police attended. The man had left the shop, but officers found him with Kerry, who was arrested.
You may also want to watch:
Kerry had been given a suspended prison term in October last year after stealing bank cards, a travel card and a driving licence.
After her latest conviction Kerry was jailed for six weeks and ordered to pay £102 compensation to the Co-op.
- 1 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 2 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls