Ipswich: Wrap up warm! Cold and rain is on the way just days after Suffolk is drenched in sunshine
WHAT a difference a week makes!
Just a few days ago, people were flocking to the parks and beaches of Suffolk in their droves as temperatures hit highs of 21C.
But forecasters are warning residents will need to wrap up warm over the next few days as temperatures plummet to around 6C during the day and dropping to around 0C in the evenings. There is even the possibility of a light dusting of snow in Suffolk.
Dan Holley, a forecaster at Weatherquest, told the Star: “Generally speaking, temperatures will be below the average on Wednesday, Thursday and possibly into Friday as well.
“By day we’re looking at Wednesday being between 6 and 7C. In the evenings temperatures will hover at around freezing.
You may also want to watch:
“Going into Thursday night there could be some sleet or wet snow.”
And there is good news for gardeners with forecasters predicting rain over the next few days – as the first hosepipe ban in more than 20 years comes into effect on Thursday.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 9 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 10 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault
Mr Hooley added: “It could be a reasonable wetting and more than we have seen in the last few weeks – it could be between 5 and 8mm of rain.”
Temperatures are expected to rise slightly for the Easter weekend with highs reaching around 11C during the day and 3C at night – the average for this time of year.