Ipswich: Wrap up warm! Cold and rain is on the way just days after Suffolk is drenched in sunshine
WHAT a difference a week makes!
Just a few days ago, people were flocking to the parks and beaches of Suffolk in their droves as temperatures hit highs of 21C.
But forecasters are warning residents will need to wrap up warm over the next few days as temperatures plummet to around 6C during the day and dropping to around 0C in the evenings. There is even the possibility of a light dusting of snow in Suffolk.
Dan Holley, a forecaster at Weatherquest, told the Star: “Generally speaking, temperatures will be below the average on Wednesday, Thursday and possibly into Friday as well.
“By day we’re looking at Wednesday being between 6 and 7C. In the evenings temperatures will hover at around freezing.
“Going into Thursday night there could be some sleet or wet snow.”
And there is good news for gardeners with forecasters predicting rain over the next few days – as the first hosepipe ban in more than 20 years comes into effect on Thursday.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 4 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 5 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 6 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 7 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 8 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 9 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 10 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
Mr Hooley added: “It could be a reasonable wetting and more than we have seen in the last few weeks – it could be between 5 and 8mm of rain.”
Temperatures are expected to rise slightly for the Easter weekend with highs reaching around 11C during the day and 3C at night – the average for this time of year.