Ipswich: Your chance to be a part of the Super Blues’ UEFA reunion
IPSWICH: Super Blues fans were today offered another chance to be a part of the 30th anniversary celebrations of Ipswich Town’s UEFA Cup triumph.
A host of stars from the team of 1981 will be there on the night - along with the famous trophy itself.
The last remaining places for the gala dinner are still available.
And now, a limited number of tickets have gone on sale which will allow supporters to watch the action from the Corn Exchange balcony.
The reunion – UEFA 30 – is being organised by The Evening Star, Ipswich Borough Council and Ipswich Town Football Club and will take place on Monday, May 30.
The occasion will probably be the final time Sir Bobby Robson’s squad will be together.
Guests of honour on the night will be former Portman Road heroes Frans Thijssen, Mick Mills, Eric Gates, Paul Cooper, George Burley, John Wark and Kevin Beattie.
- 1 Heath fire breaks out near golf club in Ipswich
- 2 The largest science centre in East Anglia opens in Claydon
- 3 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Suffolk
- 4 Man fired gun after moaning about noisy neighbours
- 5 Five teens arrested after three hit by air pistol in Ipswich
- 6 Family pay tribute to nature loving and passionate dad
- 7 Filming for popular ITV show TOWIE to take place at Suffolk pub
- 8 Ipswich road cordoned off as police attend incident
- 9 Arrest warrant issued for carer who stole from autistic client
- 10 Green light for plans for 7 homes on site of 'eyesore' office building
TV personality Stuart Jarrold will host the evening and he will be interviewing the players once the gala meal has concluded.
The night will also include an auction with an array of top prizes on offer, including signed footballs from the ‘81 team and a chance to win a box for ten at an Ipswich Town game next season.
Balcony tickets, priced at just �30, are on sale at the Regent on a first come, first served basis. Gala dinner tickets are available at �100 plus VAT per person and can be bought by e-mailing email@example.com.
Any profits from this evening will go to the ITFC Charitable Trust.
n Tell us about your memories of Town’s UEFA Cup glory - write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org