Ipswich youth project ‘Wise up to Money’ receives £5,000 cash boost
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich youth project ‘Wise up to Money’ which provides workshops for young people and advice for their families has received a £5,000 cash boost.
The Whitton Youth Partnership project was donated the money by the Santander Foundation which offers grants for UK registered charities for projects helping disadvantaged people.
The grant will go towards workshops for secondary school students to help them understand how best to manage their money, to teach them about different types of credit and how to seek help if they run into financial problems. It will also provide their families with access to professional money advisors.
Jim Manning, secretary and trustee at the partnership said: “We are delighted to be able to provide the ‘Wise Up to Money’ project for the young people of north west Ipswich and also to be able to provide support to those families requiring financial help.”
“We would like to acknowledge the support of the Santander Foundation in providing funding for this work which will help the local students understand how to manage their money and how to help their families if they are already in need of help.”
Jenny Bingle, branch manager at Santander Financial Centre in Ipswich, said: “The Santander Foundation makes hundreds of donations every year to good causes throughout the UK.
“Our branch is committed to playing a key part in the community and we are delighted to be supporting Whitton Youth Partnership and hope the donation makes a real difference to local people.”
- 1 Hank's Deli closes its doors but remembers food bank
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 3 Plasterer who stalked ex-girlfriend is handed restraining order
- 4 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man
- 5 Five-bedroom home with 'beautiful countryside views' on market for £800K
- 6 Teenager 'kicked and punched' by man during Ipswich assault
- 7 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 8 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist knocked unconscious in crash
- 9 Drug addict stole £7,000 from safe at auction house
- 10 Tragic loss of 'kind and gentle' Aayush at 17 devastated family