Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- Credit: Archant
Shards of glass were found in a paddling pool popular with families in Ipswich this morning, forcing it to shut for maintenance.
Ipswich Borough Council wrote on Facebook to announce the news about the Bourne Park pool, adding that the material was found during a regular inspection earlier today.
The pool is set to be drained and cleaned but will not be open this morning.
Council chiefs are yet to announce when it is due to re-open.
They wrote on Facebook: "During the regular inspection this morning, glass was found in and around the Bourne Park paddling pool.
"The pool is now being drained and cleaned, and will unfortunately not be open this morning.
"The team are doing their very best to get it up and running as soon as they can."
The paddling pool draws dozens of families to the park every summer.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 7 Plans to close A14 truck stop slammed amid driver shortage
- 8 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 9 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
- 10 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich