Is it snowing where you are? Sleet and snow flakes falling in parts of Suffolk
- Credit: citizenside.com
Snow has been seen in parts of Suffolk this morning, as temperatures are set to remain chilly.
Rush hour motorists in Stowmarket reported seeing snow showers this morning, although not enough to settle on the ground.
There have also been reports of snow in Thetford.
Sleet and snow is forecast for much of Scotland and parts of the north of England, with sleet showers also possible across the Fenlands, Cambridgeshire and Oxford.
Weatherquest forecaster Steve Western said they were not expecting any snow or sleet in Suffolk, but couldn’t rule out the possibility of some showers over the next 24 hours.
You may also want to watch:
“The report so far is for sleet not snow,” he added.
“If there is going to be some sleet it will be in north east Norfolk in places like Cromer Beach.”
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 3 Plans for new central Ipswich Travelodge now available to view online
- 4 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 5 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 6 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 7 Ipswich music producer's 'amazing' rise as global DJ's assistant
- 8 Breakdown on Orwell Bridge cleared after queues to Copdock roundabout
- 9 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 10 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
Temperatures today are likely to be between 3C and 5C, and dipping to -1C or -2C overnight.
Mr Western added: “Next week will have sharper frosts, but it will be mostly dry – it’s typical for the time of year.”
Share your weather photos using #SuffolkSnow on Twitter and Instagram or email them to our picture desk