Is it snowing where you are? Sleet and snow flakes falling in parts of Suffolk
- Credit: citizenside.com
Snow has been seen in parts of Suffolk this morning, as temperatures are set to remain chilly.
Rush hour motorists in Stowmarket reported seeing snow showers this morning, although not enough to settle on the ground.
There have also been reports of snow in Thetford.
Sleet and snow is forecast for much of Scotland and parts of the north of England, with sleet showers also possible across the Fenlands, Cambridgeshire and Oxford.
Weatherquest forecaster Steve Western said they were not expecting any snow or sleet in Suffolk, but couldn’t rule out the possibility of some showers over the next 24 hours.
You may also want to watch:
“The report so far is for sleet not snow,” he added.
“If there is going to be some sleet it will be in north east Norfolk in places like Cromer Beach.”
- 1 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 2 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 3 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 5 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 6 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 7 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 8 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 9 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 10 Police attend Ipswich Waterfront property as part of murder probe
Temperatures today are likely to be between 3C and 5C, and dipping to -1C or -2C overnight.
Mr Western added: “Next week will have sharper frosts, but it will be mostly dry – it’s typical for the time of year.”
Share your weather photos using #SuffolkSnow on Twitter and Instagram or email them to our picture desk