Is it snowing where you are? Sleet and snow flakes falling in parts of Suffolk
- Credit: citizenside.com
Snow has been seen in parts of Suffolk this morning, as temperatures are set to remain chilly.
Rush hour motorists in Stowmarket reported seeing snow showers this morning, although not enough to settle on the ground.
There have also been reports of snow in Thetford.
Sleet and snow is forecast for much of Scotland and parts of the north of England, with sleet showers also possible across the Fenlands, Cambridgeshire and Oxford.
Weatherquest forecaster Steve Western said they were not expecting any snow or sleet in Suffolk, but couldn’t rule out the possibility of some showers over the next 24 hours.
“The report so far is for sleet not snow,” he added.
“If there is going to be some sleet it will be in north east Norfolk in places like Cromer Beach.”
- 1 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 2 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 3 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 4 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 5 Cannabis dealer jailed after being caught with drugs in Range Rover
- 6 Man who attacked partner after she travelled 10 hours to see him is jailed
- 7 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 8 Neighbours raised alarm after man not seen for several days
- 9 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
- 10 New landlords take over award-winning pub and brewery in Suffolk village
Temperatures today are likely to be between 3C and 5C, and dipping to -1C or -2C overnight.
Mr Western added: “Next week will have sharper frosts, but it will be mostly dry – it’s typical for the time of year.”
Share your weather photos using #SuffolkSnow on Twitter and Instagram or email them to our picture desk