Is spring just around the corner?
WITH JUST a couple of months to go until the beginning of summer, it seems spring might pass us by altogether.The season of change has been threatening to arrive for some time but has not stayed long enough to be noticeable.
WITH JUST a couple of months to go until the beginning of summer, it seems spring might pass us by altogether.
The season of change has been threatening to arrive for some time but has not stayed long enough to be noticeable.
But spring is fighting back, according to Evening Star weather expert, Ken Blowers.
Mr Blowers said: It's been running hot and cold with some very mild days last week but overnight frost in the last few days.
“The good news is that it will slowly get warmer over the next five days and towards the end of April.
“Temperatures will creep up to 54F by the end of the week but weather will still not be good, with sunny spells but showers.”
- 1 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 2 Baby porpoise washes up at Suffolk beach
- 3 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 4 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 5 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 8 Warning after spate of catalytic converter thefts
- 9 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 10 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
Mr Blowers put the recent cold spell down to Arctic airflow, which will change this week to a south westerly wind, bringing with it some warm air from the south of England.
Mr Blowers said: “It's typical April weather with showers that people always talk about but it's not at all rare. In 1919, 12 inches of snow fell in late April caused by a similar Arctic airflow.”
Mr Blowers more unpredictable weather for the summer but said we can at least expect a wet and warm climate.