Is this Suffolk’s tallest sunflower? Ipswich man wants others to try and better his 10ft plant
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Can you beat this sunflower?
Retired Keith Spurling believes he has one of Suffolk’s tallest, and is challenging others to better his plant, which measures in at around 10 and a half feet.
The 69-year-old, who lives in Ipswich, has been growing sunflowers every summer for a few years now – but thinks this year’s warmer weather and heavier rain has given the flowers an extra boost.
Mr Spurling currently has fourteen growing in his garden, which he maintains with his wife June, 68.
“They’ve just gone up and up,” he said. “It will be good to see if anyone has one taller.”
You may also want to watch:
Think you can top Mr Spurling’s towering sunflower? Send your pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 4 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 5 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 Ed Sheeran self-isolating after testing positive for Covid