It’s A Knockout returned to in Ipswich for 2017 to raise funds for St Elizabeth Hospice
- Credit: Archant
Inspired by the original TV programme, teams of 10 battled it out across inflatable obstacle courses at the Bourne Vale Social Club, Halifax Road in Ipswich, to be crowned It’s A Knockout Champions.
Joanne Woods, one of the organisers, said: “The event was fantastic, we had 160 people taking part this year. The winning team was The Premier All-sorts, who wore different football shirts as they complete the course and was their first time completed at It’s a Knockout as a team.
“We raised somewhere between £6,000 and £7,000 for St Elizabeth Hospice, who have expressed an interest in partnering up for next year’s event which will help take our events from ‘bronze’ to ‘silver’.
“I’d also like to say a big thanks to out sponsor Toppesfield LTD in Claydon who have agreed to also sponsor us next year.
“So many people want to get involved next year. Anyone can get involved and take part, it isn’t about how fit you are, its about teamwork.”
In addition to the obstacle games, water and bubbles there will be entertainment and food.
Inflatable side shows, tombolla, raffle, music, BBQ and an outside bar were also available for spectators and participants to enjoy.
- 1 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 2 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 3 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 4 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 5 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 6 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 7 Police seek driver who failed to stop at scene of crash
- 8 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich
- 9 Felixstowe Christmas light switch on outshines dreary weather
- 10 New gift card to encourage shoppers to use Ipswich town centre
All proceeds will be donated to the Hospice.