You did us proud: Ipswich Town lead region’s commiserations to England after World Cup exit
- Credit: PA
Ipswich Town Football Club have led the commiserations as England exited the World Cup last night following a tense semi-final clash against Croatia.
The club tweeted a thank you to the thousands of fans who came to watch the big match on screens at Portman Road’s FanZone.
They tweeted: “Unfortunately, it wasn’t meant to be. Commiserations @england.
“We would like to thank everyone who came along to the #itfc FanZone from the opening match until tonight - it couldn’t have been so successful without you.”
The Official England twitter account thanked ‘everyone who wasn’t afraid to dream’.
You may also want to watch:
They tweeted: “To everyone who supported us. To everyone who believed this time was different. To everyone who wasn’t afraid to dream. To everyone who knows this is only the beginning. Thank you. We hope we made you proud. #threelions.”
Gary Lineker said the national squad has taken ‘a huge step forward’.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 7 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 8 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
- 9 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 10 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
He tweeted: “Utterly choked, but this young side gave absolutely everything.
“It’s a huge step forward and they’ll only get better in the future.
“They can hold their heads high, they did our country proud. Congratulations to Croatia.”
How did you think Gareth Southgate’s young side played? How do you think we will do at the Euros?