Top of the class! Ipswich Town star goes back to school to support FA campaign
- Credit: Nick Butcher
Ipswich Town star Jordan Roberts put in a man of the match performance while having a kick about with pupils from Thomas Wolsey School.
The Tractor Boys midfielder was taking part in Suffolk FA’s Love Football, Live Football campaign, an annual celebration of grassroots football that is supported by The Blues.
Roberts, played football with pupils from the school which teaches children between the age of three and 16 with physical, mental and sensory needs.
He said: “When I was young playing football I used to look up to different players I wanted to meet.
“Now I am in that position It’s something that I look forward to and It’s something that I will remember for the rest of my life.
You may also want to watch:
“A lot of people come to a game on a Saturday and for us to come and repay it back to them by coming to schools like this and supporting this type of campaign is really important.”
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 4 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 5 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 6 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 7 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 8 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 9 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 10 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions