Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- Credit: PA
Bad Education star and comedian Jack Whitehall has praised an award-winning Suffolk gastropub.
The London-born comedian visited The Unruly Pig in Bromeswell for a meal as part of his mini-break in the county on Friday, June 11.
Posting on social media, staff at the multi award-winning pub said Mr Whitehall and his party were "lovely guests" and thanked the comedian for his kindness.
Posting on his own Instagram story, Jack said: "That was SO good.
"What a way to start a weekend away in the country, @unrulypig.
"Amazing food, lovely garden and the nicest staff ever! Perfect slice of British summer time."
Mr Whitehall, a former panellist on A League of Their Own and star of Channel 4 series Fresh Meat, is no stranger to Suffolk.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 4 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 7 Plans to close A14 truck stop slammed amid driver shortage
- 8 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 9 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
- 10 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
Having lived with an Ipswich Town fan, Mr Whitehall has previously tweeted about the Tractor Boys – and once joked about not being able to find a Pret a Manger at the Buttermarket Shopping Centre during a show at the Ipswich Regent.
He most recently appeared on screen during the A League of Their Own Loch Ness to London road trip, and will return to Netflix for series five of Travels with My Father later this year.