Jade goes down a storm
INSTANTLY recognisable laughter echoed round the club.There was little mistaking, Big Brother's Jade Goody had arrived in town.The curtain opened on the stage at Brannigans and there she was in all her glory.
INSTANTLY recognisable laughter echoed round the club.
There was little mistaking, Big Brother's Jade Goody had arrived in town.
The curtain opened on the stage at Brannigans and there she was in all her glory. She was nearly hour late and, to be fair, her appearance was hardly worth the wait, but the crowd showed their appreciation all the same.
Many questions had been submitted, few were asked, but each answer given – answers that most people could have predicted themselves – was accompanied with a burst of laughter that warmed her to the dance floor of clubbers.
You may also want to watch:
"Where are you in the country?" she was asked. "East Angular," was her inevitable response.
"What happened with PJ?" "PJ and the BJ," she sighed. "I might as well have done it."
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 3 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 4 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 5 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 6 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 7 Bicycle stolen from parked car in Ipswich
- 8 'Massive success' - see pictures from Ipswich LGBT+ night
- 9 'Paper' loss does not affect Ipswich council's income from property - Ellesmere
- 10 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
Other groundbreaking information offered included the fact the Alex was the best endowed male in the Big Brother house, kebab was her favourite food and if she was an animal she would be a pig.
In less than five minutes the questioning was over and she moved to the Cardinal Park club's VIP area to meet the crowd. This is what they had been waiting for, the chance to meet and greet the former dental nurse.
And to her credit, rather than a simple handshake and a smile for the camera Jade threw herself into it, hugging and kissing everyone who patiently queued to see her.
She may not be the sharpest tool in the box and she may now be making a career out of personal appearances, carefully guarded by her agents at every step, but she is endearingly down to earth.
And though many of her answers on stage had seemed somewhat contrived, the 'Big love' she signed for people wanting autographs, though replicated time and time again, did not seem completely fake. In fact, she seemed genuinely pleased to meet and laugh with her 'fans'.
But then again, thinking about it, she's got to enjoy them while she's still got them hasn't she?