Jade's widower charged with rape
JACK Tweed was today charged with one count of rape, Scotland Yard said.The widower of the late reality TV star Jade Goody will appear at Redbridge Magistrates' Court in Ilford, Essex.
Jade Goody's widower Jack Tweed appeared before magistrates today charged with rape.
The 22-year-old, who wore a blue hoodie, spoke only to confirm his name, date of birth and address at Redbridge Magistrates' Court, East London.
He was remanded in custody until September 21 to appear at Snaresbrook Crown Court.
The court heard the alleged offence took place at Tweed's home in Woodford Green, East London, in the early hours of Friday.
You may also want to watch:
Several of Tweed's relatives and friends were in court to see him in the dock.
Tweed's mother, Mary, and younger brother left the court without commenting.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 3 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Two people rescued after search off Harwich coast