Man who assaulted girlfriend and police officer jailed
- Credit: Archant
A Felixstowe man who pulled his girlfriend’s hair and punched her in the face then assaulted a police officer trying to arrest him has been jailed for three months.
Kyle Smith was looking at Snapchat messages on his 16-year-old girlfriend’s phone at his house in Chelsworth Road, Felixstowe and a row started, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
After punching her in the face and grabbing her hair Smith continued trying to see what was on her phone and she called the police, said Gerard Renouf, prosecuting.
When Smith was being arrested he hit a special constable in the face trying to handcuff him.
Smith, 20, admitted assault by beating and assaulting an emergency worker in January.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Martyn Levett said emergency workers needed to be protected.
Phillip Farr, defending, said Smith hadn’t deliberately hit the officer and the incident had happened as he was pulling away because he was upset at being arrested.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Three fined for breaching Covid rules at 'gathering' after reports of loud music
- 4 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 5 What was unearthed during the BBC's Antiques Roadshow Ipswich episode?
- 6 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 7 Man 'moved on' for eating sausage roll on Ipswich park bench
- 8 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 9 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 10 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk