Man who assaulted girlfriend and police officer jailed
- Credit: Archant
A Felixstowe man who pulled his girlfriend’s hair and punched her in the face then assaulted a police officer trying to arrest him has been jailed for three months.
Kyle Smith was looking at Snapchat messages on his 16-year-old girlfriend’s phone at his house in Chelsworth Road, Felixstowe and a row started, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
After punching her in the face and grabbing her hair Smith continued trying to see what was on her phone and she called the police, said Gerard Renouf, prosecuting.
When Smith was being arrested he hit a special constable in the face trying to handcuff him.
Smith, 20, admitted assault by beating and assaulting an emergency worker in January.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Martyn Levett said emergency workers needed to be protected.
Phillip Farr, defending, said Smith hadn’t deliberately hit the officer and the incident had happened as he was pulling away because he was upset at being arrested.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 6 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 7 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 8 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 9 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 10 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol