Man who stole 56 bottles of alcohol is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A court has heard how a man stole 56 bottles of alcohol in a spree of thefts over the Christmas period in Ipswich.
Jamie McCleary, 31, of Fore Street, Ipswich, pleaded guilty to nine separate charges and received a sentence of nine weeks in prison in total for the crimes, which saw him steal £485.86 of goods.
These included a jumper worth £50, a box of Quality Street worth £5 and 56 bottles of alcohol, including white wine and rose wine worth £430.87 from the Co-op.
His crimes spanned from December 13 to Christmas Day, where he was arrested after CCTV caught him trying the door handles on a row of parked cars.
He had been seen on CCTV at the shops selecting the alcohol and then putting it into a basket before leaving.
You may also want to watch:
McCleary was already serving a 12-week suspended sentence and so received thee weeks for that previous offence. He then received six weeks imprisonment for his crimes after he pleaded guilty for at Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on December 27.
- 1 US investors 'on verge' of buying Ipswich Town and appointing Paul Cook as manager
- 2 The Ipswich pubs preparing to reopen beer gardens on April 12
- 3 'Industrial scale' fly-tipping at Suffolk beauty spot
- 4 Patio doors smashed during house raid
- 5 Are you in our photos from Ipswich nightspot Brannigans in 2003?
- 6 Murder investigation into death of woman at Ipswich flat dropped
- 7 New cafe at popular Suffolk beauty spot
- 8 Calls go 'through the roof' at Ipswich hair salon after lockdown lifting news
- 9 Elderly man jailed for historic sex crimes against young girls
- 10 Grieving family's distress after NHS asks for compensation to be paid back