Man who stole 56 bottles of alcohol is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A court has heard how a man stole 56 bottles of alcohol in a spree of thefts over the Christmas period in Ipswich.
Jamie McCleary, 31, of Fore Street, Ipswich, pleaded guilty to nine separate charges and received a sentence of nine weeks in prison in total for the crimes, which saw him steal £485.86 of goods.
These included a jumper worth £50, a box of Quality Street worth £5 and 56 bottles of alcohol, including white wine and rose wine worth £430.87 from the Co-op.
His crimes spanned from December 13 to Christmas Day, where he was arrested after CCTV caught him trying the door handles on a row of parked cars.
He had been seen on CCTV at the shops selecting the alcohol and then putting it into a basket before leaving.
You may also want to watch:
McCleary was already serving a 12-week suspended sentence and so received thee weeks for that previous offence. He then received six weeks imprisonment for his crimes after he pleaded guilty for at Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on December 27.
- 1 Ipswich pharmacy first to offer Covid vaccinations
- 2 Ipswich schoolgirl, aged 14, missing
- 3 Hot Sausage Company launches cook-at-home meal kits
- 4 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 5 CCTV appeal after £400 of distraction thefts targeting elderly
- 6 New Combat2Coffee venue set to open in Ipswich town centre
- 7 Supermarket chain set to recruit thousands more staff
- 8 Driver in court over biker death crash on road near Ipswich
- 9 'Yet another blow' as town bank earmarked for closure
- 10 'Striking' Ipswich town centre office block on sale for £3million