Man who stole 56 bottles of alcohol is jailed
- Credit: Archant
A court has heard how a man stole 56 bottles of alcohol in a spree of thefts over the Christmas period in Ipswich.
Jamie McCleary, 31, of Fore Street, Ipswich, pleaded guilty to nine separate charges and received a sentence of nine weeks in prison in total for the crimes, which saw him steal £485.86 of goods.
These included a jumper worth £50, a box of Quality Street worth £5 and 56 bottles of alcohol, including white wine and rose wine worth £430.87 from the Co-op.
His crimes spanned from December 13 to Christmas Day, where he was arrested after CCTV caught him trying the door handles on a row of parked cars.
He had been seen on CCTV at the shops selecting the alcohol and then putting it into a basket before leaving.
You may also want to watch:
McCleary was already serving a 12-week suspended sentence and so received thee weeks for that previous offence. He then received six weeks imprisonment for his crimes after he pleaded guilty for at Suffolk Magistrates’ Court on December 27.
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 3 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 7 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 10 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage