Janet defies doctors to survive
TODAY Janet Butcher is proving the doctors wrong.Ten years ago she was told she had just six months to live. Any dreams of a happy retirement she had in mind, were wiped out by the diagnosis of a doctor which left her sobbing in shock.
TODAY this Suffolk woman is proving the doctors wrong.
Ten years ago Janet Butcher was told she had just six months to live.
Any dreams of a happy retirement she had in mind, were wiped out by the diagnosis of a doctor which left her sobbing in shock.
Yet here she is today, loving life, and offering a humble prayer of thanks for every extra day which comes as a bonus. Her story will bring hope and inspiration to everyone whose life has been touched by the cruel hand of cancer.
You may also want to watch:
After the dreadful disease struck, it forced its way round Janet's body for a decade, but it has not claimed her life. This case is so rare that even the medical experts cannot fully explain it.
It's certainly not what the doctor ordered.
- 1 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 2 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 3 Person taken to hospital after collision in Sainsbury's car park in Ipswich
- 4 New special school planned for former BT site
- 5 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 6 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 7 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 8 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 9 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
- 10 12 flats could be built at former offices
See tonight's Evening Star for the full story