Janet defies doctors to survive
TODAY Janet Butcher is proving the doctors wrong.Ten years ago she was told she had just six months to live. Any dreams of a happy retirement she had in mind, were wiped out by the diagnosis of a doctor which left her sobbing in shock.
TODAY this Suffolk woman is proving the doctors wrong.
Ten years ago Janet Butcher was told she had just six months to live.
Any dreams of a happy retirement she had in mind, were wiped out by the diagnosis of a doctor which left her sobbing in shock.
Yet here she is today, loving life, and offering a humble prayer of thanks for every extra day which comes as a bonus. Her story will bring hope and inspiration to everyone whose life has been touched by the cruel hand of cancer.
After the dreadful disease struck, it forced its way round Janet's body for a decade, but it has not claimed her life. This case is so rare that even the medical experts cannot fully explain it.
It's certainly not what the doctor ordered.
- 1 Emergency road closure in place on busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suspected drink-driver charged after three-car collision in Ipswich
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Rudolph starts his run - when is he coming to your Ipswich street?
- 5 Family's Christmas lights tribute to Jessica, 28, who died after giving birth
- 6 Will 'traditional' new homes at Ipswich Garden Suburb soon be obsolete?
- 7 Snow falls over Suffolk and more sub-zero temperatures to come
- 8 Drunk woman attacked former partner with knife
- 9 Anti-crime campaigners plan Christmas grotto at tattoo studio
- 10 Surprise snowglobe gift leaves Harvey, 4, 'over the moon'
See tonight's Evening Star for the full story