Janet defies doctors to survive
TODAY Janet Butcher is proving the doctors wrong.Ten years ago she was told she had just six months to live. Any dreams of a happy retirement she had in mind, were wiped out by the diagnosis of a doctor which left her sobbing in shock.
TODAY this Suffolk woman is proving the doctors wrong.
Ten years ago Janet Butcher was told she had just six months to live.
Any dreams of a happy retirement she had in mind, were wiped out by the diagnosis of a doctor which left her sobbing in shock.
Yet here she is today, loving life, and offering a humble prayer of thanks for every extra day which comes as a bonus. Her story will bring hope and inspiration to everyone whose life has been touched by the cruel hand of cancer.
You may also want to watch:
After the dreadful disease struck, it forced its way round Janet's body for a decade, but it has not claimed her life. This case is so rare that even the medical experts cannot fully explain it.
It's certainly not what the doctor ordered.
- 1 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 2 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 3 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Vandals strike at beautiful stately home near Ipswich during restoration
- 8 Pub owner on how 'amazing' community support helped venue survive
- 9 Meet the Ipswich 18-year-old who is now one of UK's youngest politicians
- 10 New primary and pre-school set for September 2022 opening
See tonight's Evening Star for the full story