Jason wows the Regent
THERE were ten good reasons to see Jason Donovan in concert.The 80s pop legend got a warm welcome from the crowd, which consisted mainly of women in their late 20s/30s, reliving the days when Stock, Aitken and Waterman ruled the charts and shell suits were 'in'.
THERE were ten good reasons to see Jason Donovan in concert.
The 80s pop legend got a warm welcome from the crowd, which consisted mainly of women in their late 20s/30s, reliving the days when Stock, Aitken and Waterman ruled the charts and shell suits were 'in'.
All the old favourites were belted out, from Sealed With A Kiss to Especially For You, but sound much better in the 'noughties' thanks to stronger vocals.
His voice has matured and improved with age, as some of his newer tracks reveal a more gravelly tone that adds a certain depth to the songs.
Age and experience has certainly mellowed Jason and this came across in both his music and his many conversations with the audience.
He came across as very natural and down-to-earth.
- 1 Six arrested following two incidents involving knives in Ipswich
- 2 Application submitted for new store in Ipswich
- 3 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 4 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
- 5 Drug dealers jailed after police seize cocaine from van and home
- 6 Missing 17-year-old girl found safe and well
- 7 Go-ahead for business park project that could create 350 jobs in Ipswich
- 8 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 9 Ipswich man who abandoned Land Rover on train tracks convicted
- 10 60 year old family business enters third generation
At one point, he sat on the edge of the stage and spoke poignantly about his nephew who tragically died in a car accident. He dedicated the track Amazed By You to him, which was a beautiful ballad that was clearly close to his heart.
Jason coped well with the all of heckling throughout the show- mostly from people declaring their undying love to him- and took it all in stride.
Lots of foot stomping, swaying arms and swinging hips confirmed that Jason does still have a loyal fan base out there. There was further proof of this when people tried to reach out and touch the sweaty star as he got off the stage during one of his tracks and wandered threw the crowd.
He ended the show by thanking his fans and said he was the “luckiest bloke alive”.
Judging by some of the reactions from girls who got to touch their idol, I'd say many others went home feel equally fortunate.