Felixstowe author sells 100,000 copies and gets three-book deal
- Credit: Jeanette Hewitt
A Felixstowe author who sold 100,000 copies of her work has got a book deal for three more titles.
The first of crime author Jeanette Hewitt's books is coming out in July with more being written right now.
The Chantry-born author, known as J.M. Hewitt, has previously published five crime fiction novels and always delves deep into her work.
She previously asked an ex-IRA gunman and hunger striker if he has killed anyone while researching the Hunger Within.
Ms Hewitt said: "I like to do a lot of research for my books."
Her new novel, The Life She Wants is a suspenseful psychological thriller set on a cruise ship.
Drawing inspiration from her time in lockdown, this Canelo-published novel explores what happens when cabin fever sets in while a couple's marriage is coming apart.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I think everyone knows now what it's like to be stuck somewhere."
For more see www.jmhewitt.net.
- 1 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 2 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 3 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 6 Vandals strike at beautiful stately home near Ipswich during restoration
- 7 Pub owner on how 'amazing' community support helped venue survive
- 8 Meet the Ipswich 18-year-old who is now one of UK's youngest politicians
- 9 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 10 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected