Jenny prepares for South American trip
A SUFFOLK student is preparing to travel to South America to work with young women who live on the streets.Jenny Strutt, 19, from Ipswich, is going to Bolivia with Christian charity Tearfund, a worldwide organisation that helps in some of the poorest areas in the world.
A SUFFOLK student is preparing to travel to South America to work with young women who live on the streets.
Jenny Strutt, 19, from Ipswich, is going to Bolivia with Christian charity Tearfund, a worldwide organisation that helps in some of the poorest areas in the world.
Miss Strutt, who is taking a year off from studies before reading psychology at Warwick University, said: “It is something that I have thought about doing for a long time. I want to let these people know that I care and there are not many opportunities in life to be able to do that.
“I am strong in my faith, it was important for to me to support a Christian organisation, and Tearfund is a charity that we had supported at church, St Peter's, Stoke Park.”
You may also want to watch:
While in Bolivia she will work with girls and young women who live on the street as part of a team of people who will provide training, education, counselling and support.
Miss Strutt, who will work in the country for four months from April, needs to raise £3,000 to support the project and meet her living expenses.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 Ipswich's infection rate falls — but more care home Covid deaths reported
If you would like to help then make a cheque payable to “Tearfund” and send it to: Jenny Strutt, 7 Sleaford Close, Ipswich, IP2 9PE.