Charity football match planned for mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- Credit: Jack Walden
A charity football match is planned to support the family of an Ipswich mum who tragically died less than 48 hours after giving birth.
Jessica Walden, of Bramford, died shortly after giving birth to her second daughter Orla on Friday, May 7 at Ipswich Hospital.
In her memory Foxhall United will play Brickmakers Arms at Framlingham Town Football Club on Sunday June 6 with all the proceeds going to support her husband Jack Walden and her two daughters.
Organisers at Foxhall United said the club "just wanted to do our bit for Jess".
This is not the first event that has been arranged in Mrs Walden's memory.
You may also want to watch:
A walk from the Body Shop store in Ipswich to Bramford Village Green on June 21 has been planned by Mrs Walden's colleagues and friends.
And JustGiving page has already raised more than £50,000 to support her family.
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 4 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 7 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 8 Two arrested after man assaulted in Ipswich
- 9 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 10 School in Ipswich takes 'decisive action' to make rapid improvements