Joe is King of the Jungle!
FORMER EastEnders actor Joe Swash is King of the Jungle!The 26-year-old, whose grandmother Frances O'Connor lives in Theford, won the public vote ahead of tennis ace Martina Navratilova in ITV's I'm a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here.
FORMER EastEnders actor Joe Swash is King of the Jungle!
The 26-year-old, whose grandmother Frances O'Connor lives in Theford, won the public vote ahead of tennis ace Martina Navratilova in ITV's I'm a Celebrity…Get Me Out of Here.
Earlier actor George Takei, best known as Star Trek's Mr Sulu, was booted off the final to boldly go into third place.
Swash, the sixth celebrity to become a jungle King, hugged Navratilova after he won saying: "You're my Queen, darling."
He told presenters Ant and Dec: "It's been an amazing three weeks. It's been everything, It's been ups, it's been downs.
"It was just a lovely experience and I'm definitely coming out a much more mature man than I was when I went in there. It's been worthwhile.
- 1 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The county's criminals locked up in the last week
- 3 Missing 13-year-old boy from Hadleigh found safe
- 4 BrewDog, The Botanist and other reasons to be positive about Ipswich town centre
- 5 Empty Ipswich office block could become new flats
- 6 Tattingstone 'suitcase murder': 'Never too late' say police on 55th anniversary
- 7 Take a look inside new Ipswich restaurant that makes pizza the 'proper way'
- 8 Interactive map reveals the Suffolk postcodes with the highest Covid rates
- 9 Is Ipswich really England's oldest town? Experts give their view
- 10 House of Tweed leaves Ipswich after Christmas season
He was crowned by a former winning contestant, singer Matt Willis, and his wife TV presenter Emma Griffiths.
Wimbledon legend Navratilova, 52, said she felt "just fabulous - happy for Joe'.
Swash played EastEnder wideboy Mickey Miller but was axed from the soap in February.