Police swoop on Ipswich street in connection with Joe Pooley murder investigation
- Credit: Archant
Up to six police cars were spotted near a block of flats in Ipswich this afternoon – as part of an investigation into the death of 22-year-old Joe Pooley.
Officers were carrying out a search at a property in Foxhall Road in connection with the ongoing murder probe launched by detectives last night.
Forensic vans were also seen in the area.
Police launched a murder investigation into the incident last night, more than a month after Mr Pooley was found dead in the River Gipping.
Officers are currently questioning three people in connection with his death, and enquiries into what happened are continuing.
Last night a man and a woman, both 28 and from Ipswich, were arrested on suspicion of murder in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
This morning, a 36-year-old woman from Ipswich was arrested on suspicion of perverting the course of justice.
All three are currently in custody at the Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 3 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 5 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 6 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 7 Holly holding onto new hope in eating disorder recovery process
- 8 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 9 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood