Join in the run for a water cause
IF you fancy yourself in lycra – Northgate's PTA family fun run could be the event to wear it.Alternatively leave the professionals to wear the proper gear and turn up in shorts and T-shirts which will do equally well for this 5km event to raise money for extra water dispensers for the pupils.
IF you fancy yourself in lycra – Northgate's PTA family fun run could be the event to wear it.
Alternatively leave the professionals to wear the proper gear and turn up in shorts and T-shirts which will do equally well for this 5km event to raise money for extra water dispensers for the pupils.
This annual family event, which in the past 20 years has raised over £50,000 for a wide range of vital 'extras' for the young people attending the Ipswich school.
Head teacher and president of the PTA, Neil Watts said: "As the importance of water to health and learning becomes more and more evident this is an excellent opportunity to raise money for a good cause, and a healthy way of doing it," he added.
You may also want to watch:
The event on October 6 starts on the Northgate track at 10.30am (runners need to be there by 10am) and entry forms and sponsor sheets are available by contacting the school office (01473 210123) or Bob Minter, chairman of the PTA (01473 410885).
Entry is open to everyone not just pupils parents and staff. You can run, walk, use your wheelchair, even bring along your best (four-legged?) friend.
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 4 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 5 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 6 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 9 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 10 Triumph Tiger rider denies being over alcohol limit