Join the battle of the bands
BANDS from across the Ipswich area are today being invited to take part in a competition to win a day's studio recording.Entrants are being sought for the Battle of the Bands event at Ipswich's Great White Horse hotel on May 4 at 7pm.
BANDS from across the Ipswich area are today being invited to take part in a competition to win a day's studio recording.
Entrants are being sought for the Battle of the Bands event at Ipswich's Great White Horse hotel on May 4 at 7pm.
Organiser Barry Treasure of Lithium Promotions, said: “The Battle of the Bands will comprise of eight to ten bands from Ipswich and the surrounding villages and towns.
“Each band will get to play four or five songs in front of an expected crowd of 500 to 600 people as well as a panel of judges.
“Towards the end of the night the judges will decide on two bands who will play again their best songs and then it is up to the crowd to decide who wins.”
The winning band will get a days recording in a studio and the top five bands will get the chance to play at the Ipswich-based Switch music festival planned later this year.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Suffolk M&S stores to stay open as Colchester shop closes down
- 3 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 4 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
- 5 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 6 Teenage boys arrested after police seize suspected class A drugs in Ipswich
- 7 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 8 24-year-old man banned from driving for three years
- 9 Man caught in undercover police sting trying to meet '13-year-old girl'
- 10 Two cars have windows smashed in same Ipswich residential street
Mr Treasure, 25, of High Road, Trimley St Mary, said: “This is a chance for bands to showcase their talent in front of an audience and expert judges.
“We are looking for bands to come forward who want to take part and raise their profile.”
The Battle of the Bands takes place at the Great White Horse on May 4, Tickets are £5 and are available on the door.
For more information about the event visit www.myspace/livemusicipswich.com
Are you in a band? Do you follow the Ipswich music scene? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org