Joined up thinking praised
IPSWICH today won praise from a Home Office minister for its "joined up" approach in tackling antisocial behaviour.Hazel Blears paid a visit to the town to highlight the seriousness of the problem and to see how it is being tackled.
IPSWICH today won praise from a Home Office minister for its "joined up" approach in tackling antisocial behaviour.
Hazel Blears paid a visit to the town to highlight the seriousness of the problem and to see how it is being tackled.
She said: "The anti-social behaviour of a minority can destroy a community and make decent, law-abiding people live in fear. It's absolutely vital we make a stand against antisocial behaviour - and this is exactly what Ipswich is doing."
Ms Blears spent time in the Gainsborough and Priory Heath areas before having a working lunch at the town's police station.
You may also want to watch:
She praised the role of the town's Co-op stores for providing forms for victims and witnesses to report the behaviour of the troublesome minority.
She said: "Communities, witnesses and government must join together if we're to tackle this problem. In Ipswich, the Co-op stores are helping their community do this.
- 1 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 2 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 3 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 4 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 5 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 6 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 7 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 8 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 9 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
"Change is already happening in the area and Ipswich can inspire others to do the same."
What do you think? Write to Your Letters, Evening Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN or e-mail email@example.com or join the forum at www.eveningstar.co.uk