Josh Caines charged after Coddenham crash which killed Ben Fulcher from Needham Market
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A man has been charged in connection with a collision last year in Suffolk, which claimed a young passenger’s life.
Police were called at 11.10am on Saturday, October 15, 2016, to reports of a crash in Church Road, Coddenham, involving a red Mini, which had left the road.
Officers arrived to find the vehicle in a ditch and 21-year-old Ben Fulcher, inside. Mr Fulcher, from Needham Market, was pronounced dead at the scene,
In a statement issued by Suffolk Constabulary after the crash, Mr Fulcher’s family paid tribute to a “wonderful son, brother, uncle and grandson” and said they were “devastated” by their loss.
Today, Josh Caines, 23, of Kingshill Road, Swindon, has been charged with causing death by careless driving while unfit due to excess alcohol.
You may also want to watch:
Caines is due to appear at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Ipswich on Monday, November 27.
- 1 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate