Man found with knuckle-duster and knife disguised as pen
- Credit: ARCHANT
A Felixstowe man who was found in possession of five weapons including a knuckle-duster and a knife disguised as a pen has been jailed for 10 months.
A police officer stopped Joshua Warby in the Queen Street area of Felixstowe on March 25 this year and during a search discovered three lock knives, a knuckleduster and a concealed blade in a pen, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Warby, 27, of Elizabeth Way in Felixstowe, admitted five charges of possession of an offensive weapon and was jailed for 10 months.
The court heard that Warby has 11 previous convictions including one for possessing an offensive weapon when he was a teenager.
Kelly Fernandez-Lee, for Warby, said her client had a fascination for the items seized from him and collected them.
You may also want to watch:
She said he had purchased some of the items on the internet and was deeply sorry.
"He wasn't brandishing them and isn't the type of person to brandish them," said Miss Fernandez-Lee.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 4 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 5 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 10 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub