Joy of five generations
THIS bouncing bundle of joy has made up the fifth generation of the Lay family in Ipswich.The family recently got together to celebrate the birth of Amber Jade Williams who was born on November 20 at Ipswich Hospital weighing a healthy 7lbs and 6oz.
THIS bouncing bundle of joy has made up the fifth generation of the Lay family in Ipswich.
The family recently got together to celebrate the birth of Amber Jade Williams who was born on November 20 at Ipswich Hospital weighing a healthy 7lbs and 6oz.
She is one of a long line of girls in the family, which includes great great grandmother Elizabeth Soar, 79, of Nacton Road, Ipswich; great grandmother Yvonne Marjoram, 58, of Sussex; grandmother Candy Lay, of Swinburne Road, Ipswich; and proud mum 19-year-old Genna Lay, also of Swinburne Road.
Proud grandmum Candy, said: "It is really exciting. We are a fairly big family and everyone has been helping out with the little one, even great great grandmother.
"My nana is very fit and active and she came over and held the baby, which is really lovely.
"We have had a house full of people. It is just wonderful. At Christmas my mum came down and we all got together. But I must admit it does get a bit confusing about what to call everybody.
- 1 Most desirable places to live in Ipswich according to estate agents
- 2 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals locked up so far in 2022
- 3 Plans for 440 homes and visitor centre in Ipswich Garden Suburb submitted
- 4 OPINION: Free sporting activities for children return to Ipswich this summer
- 5 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
- 6 Woman 'froze' after seeing masked men with machetes in Ipswich
- 7 Suffolk rail services affected after person hit by a train
- 8 Ipswich singer to perform UK festival tour after scoring club hit
- 9 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 10 Designer handbag stolen after car window smashed in Ipswich
"How do I feel about being a young grandmother? When I have been out with Amber people have been saying to me I didn't know you had another child, which is lovely."
She added that they were having another family reunion on Mrs Soar's 80th birthday in June.
The family can also look forward to another celebration this year.
For Amber's mum and her 23-year-old partner Julian Williams, are getting married in September.