Joyrider admits runnning amok
A 17-year-old joyrider smashed fences and sheds in his journey of destruction a court heard.The Ipswich teenager who cannot be named for legal reasons pleaded guilty to aggravated vehicle taking.
A 17-year-old joy rider smashed fences and sheds in his journey of destruction a court heard.
The Ipswich teenager who cannot be named for legal reasons pleaded guilty to aggravated vehicle taking.
John Hardwick, prosecuting at South East Suffolk Magistrates Court said; "The youth was not driving the car at the time and was merely a passenger. However, it does not matter that he was not the driver, he was in the car and I do not know who was driving so the damage to the vehicle, another car, shed, fences the lot, all the damage falls on him".
The boy who has been before the courts many times before was told he would be sentenced on July 24.
You may also want to watch:
Reports were to be prepared and all the court sentencing options were to remain open.
He was released from court on bail with conditions to live at his Ipswich address and stay there between 8am an 8pm daily.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 3 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
- 4 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 5 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 6 Felixstowe man found with child porn given suspended sentence
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 Could restaurant move into closed Little Waitrose in Ipswich?
- 9 South African man jailed for stalking wife in Suffolk after they separated
- 10 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
The youth also faced other charges of breaching an anti-social behaviour order (ASBO) and allegedly setting fire to a wheely bin. He denied breaching the ASBO and committing arson.
His trial is due to take place on August 19.