June's luck pays out
KEEPING her eye on the ball has paid off for one lucky Ipswich woman. June Griffiths, is celebrating today after netting a cash prize with Littlewoods Football Pools of almost £69,000.
KEEPING her eye on the ball has paid off for one lucky Ipswich woman.
June Griffiths, is celebrating today after netting a cash prize with Littlewoods Football Pools of almost £69,000.
Mrs Griffith scooped the cash after playing the pools game when she predicted seven score-draws and one no score-draw from the 49 fixtures.
The win was the second time Mrs Griffiths had found her luck was in, as she had also previously won £900 playing the Littlewoods Lotto game.
Mrs Griffiths has played the pools game for 2 years and after collecting her prize said: “I can't believe I won, I was absolutely stunned when I got the call.
“I have been quite lucky really, first with Littlewoods Lotto and now the pools and lotto. Hopefully I will make it three in a row!”
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Man dies following single vehicle crash near Ipswich
- 4 Carer avoids jail after fraudulently obtaining £3,500 at Ipswich home
- 5 Wahoo skating shop moving from Ipswich to Woodbridge
- 6 Drug dealer escapes jail after £3k worth of cannabis found at home
- 7 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested
- 8 Man charged in connection of drug offences in Ipswich
- 9 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 10 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
Mrs Griffiths was handed her winnings of £68,956.73 at a presentation at Ipswich Town's Portman Road football ground.
Jon Sheehy, of Sportech PLC, owner of Littlewoods Football Pools said: “We are delighted for Mrs Griffiths! It is fantastic when we hear that a customer has been lucky playing both our pools and lotto games.
“Maybe she will strike it lucky a third time! In the meantime, I hope she really enjoys spending her cash.”
Founded in 1923 as Littlewoods Pools, the company has a regular playing customer base covering 1.5 million households.