Jury to decide fate of dance teacher
JURY members were today due to decide the fate of a Latin American dance teacher charged with sexual assault on a seven-year-old girl.Michael Cereso-Miranda, 43, is charged with two cases of indecent assault on the girl.
By Jessica Nicholls
JURY members were today due to decide the fate of a Latin American dance teacher charged with sexual assault on a seven-year-old girl.
Michael Cereso-Miranda, 43, is charged with two cases of indecent assault on the girl.
In his summing up of the case today, Judge Peter Thompson at Ipswich Crown Court urged the 12 members of the jury to think back over evidence from both defence and prosecution during the trial, and consider the differences.
He said the girl claimed that Cereso-Miranda, of Northgate Street, Ipswich, had indecently assaulted her while she was sitting on his bed watching a Harry Potter video.
She claimed he had kissed and touched her private parts. The girl told her mother about the incident two weeks later after first telling a friend.
- 1 Three youngsters try to kick down Ipswich family's door
- 2 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 3 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 4 European store wants to sell alcohol at old Co-op store in Ipswich
- 5 Ipswich homes left without electricity after power cut
- 6 Matchday Recap: Outrageous Celina wins it for Town
- 7 Homes with 'stunning' coastal views by Felixstowe golf club up for sale
- 8 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 9 Care home worker may be jailed after using resident's bank card
- 10 Festive shoppers brave the cold for Christmas street market in Ipswich
Cereso-Miranda denied the charges and said that the youngster had been bouncing on the bed and had landed on his face.
He said she had jumped forward and his arms trapped inside the bed so he could not push her away. He claims he told her to get away and that this is the time that she said he kissed her privates.
He also said he made a face of distaste, almost like blowing a raspberry, at the time of the incident.